Beautiful batt for spinning or felt making
Inspired by the first signs of spring, emerging from the frozen earth into a riot of colour and life! I love spotting the first shoots of daffodils or delicate snow drops and winter blooming cherry blossom when walking.
I’ve created a batt with cool icy tones in swalesdale, corridale and merino and added bright accents of colour with hand dyed tencel, firestar and silk noil. Bamboo, angelina and sequins add texture!
Each batt weighs 100g +/-.
- Spin into yarn to crochet some flowers with. Make some in different sizes to decorate an unloved sweater or add some colour to a coat by turning them into brooches. The more you make and pin on the better!
- Why not add some of those little crochet flowers to your yarn? Leave the tails after you have crocheted them and use those to attach to your fibres as you spin.
- Use the sequins to add extra sparkle to your yarn. Re-thread onto some sewing thread. Ply your handspun with the sewing thread and add the sequins in regular spacing as you go – or add several all at once to have areas of sparkle.
- Ply your yarn with a plain white to make it even more snow inspired!
- Make yourself some warm mittens to wear on wintery walks or for impromptu snowball fights.