An easy-to-use, travel table-loom at a reasonable price.
Erica is a compact member of the Louet family that packs in all the features you love about a full-size loom in a small, portable footprint. The Erica is perfect for people learning to weave, those wanting to upgrade from a rigid-heddle loom or those that want to have the capabilities of a high-quality travel loom. Compared to a rigid-heddle loom, it is easier to operate, the warp tension is more even, it has a large shed of 4.5 cm (1 ¾”) and you have flexibility in the number of threads per cm.
Starting as a 2-harness loom and expandable to 4 harnesses, this is a terrific loom at a reasonable price. The warped loom folds flat, so you can easily take it to class or on vacation, or fold for storage in small spaces.
Available sizes (each accommodates 2, 3 or 4 harnesses):
- Erica 30 – 11.75″ (30 cm) weaving width
- Erica 50 – 19.75″ (50 cm) weaving width
- A swinging beater is attached by a U-shaped steel bracket to the frame, ensuring a parallel motion.
- Made of unlacquered beech and laminated birch
- Folds flat while warped for storage and transport, weaving stays in place even when stored.
- Heddle length is 150mm
- 40-10 (10 dent) reed
- Can accommodate up to four harnesses
Included with your loom:
- Two or Four harnesses
- Built-in raddle
- 200 / 400 Texsolv heddles (150 mm)
- Stainless steel reed (40/10)
- Stainless steel lease- and tie-up bars
- Cardboard warp strips to separate your warp threads during warping
- Assembly manual
- 1 shaft extension kit (add up to 2 additional shafts)
- Universal floor-stand for both sizes
- Bag for Erica 30
- Texsolv Heddles 150mm (package of 100)
- Accessory package for Erica 30 – Beginner weaver kit – Warping posts, heddle hook, shuttle
Erica 30: 16 1/2” x 24 1/2” x 16 ½” (42 x 62 x 42 cm)
Erica 50: 24 ½” x 24 ½” x 16 ½” (62 x 62 x 42 cm)
Folded: 6 1/4′′ (16 cm) high
Erica 30: 7.7lb (3.5 kg) at 2 shafts
Erica 50: 11lb (5 kg) at 2 shafts